Search This Blog

Thursday 27 September 2012

Camping and Caravanning for the New Generation

'Wicked' pronounced one teenage bystander, appropriately enough about my camper van from Wicked Campers. 'Is that you?' a middle age woman asked, rather flatteringly, pointing at the life-size version of Tank Girl on the side of the van. My toddler loves her and the vehicle, begging me daily to get in 'Tank Girl' simply to go to a car park.

In the UK we tend to think of campervanning either as a dull pursuit of retirees or as something that only dirty backpackers do as a way of getting around big countries such as Australia. Wicked Campers (www.wickedcampers.co.uk) is unusual for a rental company in that it lets you take its vans anywhere in Europe, but I was happy to stay in this country, pottering around within a couple hour radius of London with my little one.